How do I care for my products?
Cupcakes & Homestyle Cakes
Here are a few tips to keep in mind in transporting and storing your PGB cupcakes and homestyle cakes:
- The cardboard insert in the cupcake box is intended to keep your cupcake upright but unfortunately, if the box is tipped over, the cupcakes will fall out. Please try not to tip the box. To minimize the chance of tipping the cupcakes out of the insert, if you have requested a bag for your cupcakes, you may wish to keep a hand on the bottom of the box to ensure it stays upright.
- Traveling can be hard on our freshly made cupcakes and homestyle cakes because of their butter-based icings, so if you are taking them by plane, train or automobile, refrigerate or freeze them first to let the icings set. In this way, they will arrive at your destination in pristine condition.
- If you are ordering your cupcakes or homestyle cakes online and you plan to travel any distance after you pick them up, feel free to ask us to chill your order by selecting that option as you are checking out online, or by asking our Catering Manager if you are ordering by phone or email.
- If you need to store your cupcakes or homestyle cakes, keep them at cool room temperature because the fridge will dry them out. For overnight storage, place them in an airtight container and freeze (no more than a week please) and then, 2 to 3 hours before you wish to serve them, bring the cupcakes or cakes to room temperature. Our delicious butter and cream cheese icings are best enjoyed soft and creamy so try to give Prairie Girl cupcakes enough time to thaw.
- Don’t microwave any of our products to thaw them as this can easily cause the icings or chocolate pieces to melt.
For more information about Cupcake Care, please download our Cupcake Care Tips Sheet.
For optimal enjoyment of your beautiful designer cake, please note:
- Our delicious house-made buttercream is intended to be served at room temperature.
- If the venue is normal room temperature, keep the cake boxed until serving time – do not refrigerate it.
- For warm venues, including outdoor parties, store the boxed cake in the fridge until 30 minutes before serving, then allow it to come to room temperature.
- Leftover designer cake can be covered with plastic wrap for up to 2 days at room temperature or up to 2 weeks in the freezer. Storing leftover cake in the fridge will dry it out.
- Frozen leftover cake will require up to 2 hours at room temperature to thaw and come to room temperature.
- If you have a tiered cake, please note that the bottom tier of your cake has wooden dowels to support the weight of the top tier(s). These dowels can be easily removed from the cake before cutting the bottom tier.
Posted in: Product Care